James M. Brahney Scholarship
The 2017 Application Deadline March 31, 2018.
This scholarship is presented annually in memory of James M. Brahney, a founder of IPMA and its first international president. This scholarship serves to promote education in the field of in-house print, mail, and management.
Applications for the James M. Brahney Scholarship are now being accepted. The Scholarship is available to an IPMA member, child, or grandchild of a member who wants to advance his/her education related to Graphic Arts, Printing, Design or Mailing. A Scholarship is also available to help members defray a portion of the registration fee for IPMA’s Educational Conference. Complete application requirements are listed below:
Requirements for Scholarship to assist in funding at a college, university or vocational/technical/trade school:
- Person applying for funding must be related to, or a member in good standing with IPMA. Any IPMA member, a child of a member, or a grandchild of a member, is eligible to apply. Family members applying for post-secondary funding must be high school graduates, with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale).
- In addition, applicants must be accepted to a post-secondary institution and pursuing a degree or in a training program related to the Graphic Arts, Printing, Design or Mailing. Examples might include: Vocational Printing and Design, Graphic Arts Management, Graphic Design, Web and App Development, Marketing, Management or Industrial Education, to name a few.
- Applications should include information about the student’s future plans and goals, as well as supporting materials describing the educational program.
- Scholarships should be used to pay educational fees at a college, university or vocational/technical/trade school offering a curriculum in in-house print, mail, or management.
Requirements for Scholarship to assist in IPMA Education Conference attendance:
- Applicant must be an IPMA member in good standing.
- Scholarships can also be used to help members defray a portion of the registration fee for IPMA’s
upcoming Educational Conference IPMA 2017. If you are applying for a scholarship to help cover a
portion of this year’s conference registration fee, include in your essay why you believe conference
attendance would be especially valuable to you and your organization at this time
- Brahney Scholarships must be used within 12 months from the date of acceptance. Before a check is authorized, scholarship recipients must provide a current transcript or proof of enrollment in an accredited school or educational program. All of the scholarship dollars must be applied toward tuition, books, or school fees. A copy of the paid receipt must be provided to IPMA Headquarters. Any unused portion of the scholarship funds, after authorized expenses are paid, must be returned to IPMA’s Brahney Scholarship Fund.
- Awards are restricted to one award per person during the recipient’s complete college career.
- Awards granted to IPMA members in good standing applying for Conference assistance can only be used to supplement attendance to the IPMA Annual Conference.
A committee, established by the International President, will review all applications and make recommendation to the IPMA Board of Directors as to potential recipients. The Board of Directors will determine the number and award amounts to be distributed at the Annual Conference.
To be considered for the above scholarships:
Applicants must submit a letter of application, official transcripts (High School or College), completed application form and 3 letters of reference. One of which must be from an IPMA member in good standing. All applications must be submitted no later than March 31, 2018. Your entry should include the following information:
- An essay of 500 words or less outlining the following:
- Include information about the student’s future plans and goals, as well as supporting materials describing the educational program.
- You may also include any additional information/materials that the judges may find helpful