February is In-Plant Awareness Month!
What does that mean?
It’s time to show off just what your in-plant can do- to your customers and potential customers, your management, and the world. It’s time to bring attention to our amazing industry- to show how we shine. And it’s time to unite in the span of a month and do this through IPMA’s In-Plant Awareness Month!
What can you do?
- Hold an open house or other event.
- Offer tours.
- Have a lunch and learn or short seminar showcasing a new piece of equipment or process.
- Feature your work and shop on social media. Make it personal- maybe introduce your staff showing what they can do. Social media loves video- not polished, but conversational- make it real!
- Distribute samples to your customers/potential customers featuring ideas they could use for future work- new processes, innovative formats, even augmented reality.
- Create a video of your shop in action.
- Refresh your website with blogs and compelling content- even overlap with some of the other ideas above.
And, if you’re an IPMA member, let us know what your plans are and/or send photos and we’ll feature you on our website, in our members-only community, and on social media. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take it from there. Plus, if possible, Executive Director Mike Loyd would love to visit your in-plant and be a part of your event. Just ask.
And this month is also about in-plants sharing ideas with each other:
- Posting and sharing tips on social media.
- Learning through attending events and webinars.
- Becoming more active in the in-plant community, particularly through IPMA’s members-only community.
- Planning for and registering for IPMA’s annual conference where you’ll connect with in-plants of all sizes from across the country for the largest In-Plant event for all sectors of the industry.
Plus use #InPlantsRock, #InPlantAwareness, and #InPlant on social media when you share, and tag @IPMAHQ on Twitter and IPMA Headquarters on Facebook to get noticed by your peers.
We’ve created the following artwork for you to use in social media and your website- just right click and save image.