Scholarship to promote education in the field of graphic arts.
- Presented annually in memory of James M. Brahney- a founder of IPMA and its first international president.
- Available to an IPMA member, child, or grandchild of a member who wants to advance his/her education related to Graphic Arts, Printing, Design or Mailing or to an IPMA member to defray a portion of the registration fee for IPMA’s Educational Conference.
Requirements and Restrictions
|Requirements for Scholarship to assist in funding at a college, university or vocational/technical/trade school||• Applicant must be related to (child or grandchild), or a member in good standing with IPMA.
• Family members applying for post-secondary funding must be high school graduates, with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale).
• Applicant must be accepted to a post-secondary institution and pursuing a degree or in a training program related to the Graphic Arts, Printing, Design or Mailing such as: Vocational Printing and Design, Graphic Arts Management, Graphic Design, Web and App Development, Marketing, Management or Industrial Education.
• Applications must include information about future plans and goals, as well as supporting materials describing the educational program.
• Funds must be used to pay educational fees at a college, university or vocational/technical/trade school offering a curriculum in in-house print, mail, or management.
|Requirements for Scholarship to assist in IPMA Education Conference attendance||• Applicant must be an IPMA member in good standing.
• Essay must include why you believe conference attendance would be especially valuable to you and your organization at this time.
|Restrictions||• Brahney Scholarships must be used within 12 months from the date of acceptance.
• Before a check is authorized, scholarship recipients must provide a current transcript or proof of enrollment in an accredited school or educational program.
• All of the scholarship dollars must be applied toward tuition, books, or school fees.
• A copy of the paid receipt must be provided to IPMA Headquarters. Any unused portion of the scholarship funds, after authorized expenses are paid, must be returned to IPMA’s Brahney Scholarship Fund.
• Awards are restricted to one award per person during the recipient’s complete college career.
• Awards granted to IPMA members in good standing applying for Conference assistance can only be used to supplement attendance to the IPMA Annual Conference.
|Required Documents||• Letter of application.
• Official transcripts (High School or College).
• Completed application form.
• 3 letters of reference- one must be from an IPMA member in good standing.
• Essay of 500 words or less outlining the student’s future plans and goals, as well as supporting materials describing the educational program.
|Evaluation Process||• A committee, established by the International President, will review all applications and make recommendation to the IPMA Board of Directors.
• The Board of Directors will determine the number and award amounts to be distributed at the Annual Conference.
All applications must be submitted no later than April 30, 2020.