Professional standard of proficiency for the in-house graphic arts and printing management profession.
- Encourage professional growth and attainment of technical and managerial knowledge.
- Create a positive image and advance the stature of effective in-house graphic communications managers.
- Emphasize the knowledge and expertise required to excel in the in-house graphic communications management field.
- Identify, through the CGCM designation, those managers who have attained a high level of competence and professionalism.
- Minimum of five years of graphic communications management experience (not necessarily consecutive) and currently employed in an in-plant. Non-IPMA members must provide written documentation from their employer certifying their position in in-house management.
- Pledge to adhere to the CGCM Code of Ethics.
- Three letters of recommendation verifying acceptable character, ability, and reputation.
At least 30 days prior to the test date, submit to IPMA headquarters:
- Completed CGCM designation application and required supporting documentation.
- All required letters of recommendation.
- A registration fee, as specified on the CGCM application form.
The examination is administered online at IPMA’s annual conference or at an educational testing facility. All non-conference testing fees (use of facility, personnel, and computer) are the responsibility of the applicant.
IPMA headquarters will review all applications to confirm eligibility . All applicants will be contacted and informed of their status as eligible or ineligible for the examination. Eligible applicants will be sent identification and admission documents which must be presented on examination day.