At IPMA, we believe the In-Plant model is successful partly due to the open honest collaboration between its members. To make it possible for true collaboration, creativity, innovation, and idea exchange to thrive we are committed to facilitating a welcoming and respectful community for all. This Code of Conduct shares our community expectations and applies to all attendees, employees, exhibitors, speakers, sponsors, volunteers, and other participants at IPMA-sponsored events and community forum. We empower all participants in our community to actively engage in creating a friendly and safe environment for all.
• Be kind and considerate. Respect personal space and common courtesy rules for personal interaction.
• Be mindful of others around you to ensure a great experience for your fellow participants.
• Refrain from displaying any demeaning, harassing, aggressive, or intimidating materials or behavior.
• Dress and behave in a professional manner.
• Do not damage private or communal property.
• Obey the rules and regulations of the venue.
• Promptly report any behavior that makes you or others feel uncomfortable to the nearest IPMA board member or staff.
• Inappropriate Behavior – Harassment, aggression, and intimidation are hurtful and interfere with other people’s experience and participation in our community. These behaviors are inappropriate and unacceptable.
• These behaviors can be related to, but not limited to: race, color, creed, gender (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, religion (including religious dress and grooming), marital status, domestic partner status, genetic information, age, national origin or ancestry, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
• Inappropriate behavior can take many forms such as slurs; jokes; derogatory statements; foul or obscene language; offensive clothing; leering; stalking; staring; gestures; pictures, drawings or cartoons; violating personal space by impeding or blocking another person’s movement or otherwise physically interfering with them; harassing photography or recordings; unwanted or offensive letters or poems; offensive email or voicemail messages; or social media postings.
Consequences of Inappropriate Behavior
Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. If asked to stop behaving inappropriately, you should comply immediately.
IPMA reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove any party from the event at any time. All determinations are at the sole discretion of IPMA, and the decision of the leading IPMA representative will be final.
Severe breaches of this Conference/Events Code of Conduct may result in disqualification from participating in future events or limited access to the community forum.
Individuals expelled due to violating this Conference/Events Code of Conduct will not be eligible for a refund or other consolation.
What to Do about Inappropriate Behavior
If you witness or are subjected to inappropriate behavior or have any other concerns, notify an IPMA staff or board member as soon as possible.
In-Plant Printing and Mailing Association(IPMA) reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at any event sponsored by IPMA, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. IPMA may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by IPMA including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, social media, websites, etc.
If you have questions regarding this Conference/Event Code of Conduct or its implementation, please contact Mike Loyd, IPMA Executive Director.